SAUCES FOR PANCAKES
Coconut Sauce An earthy sauce made of coconut sugar thickened with coconut milk.
Mango Sauce Extracted mango juice thickened with corn starch.
Banana Sauce Bananas cooked with brown sugar and thickened with corn syrup
RECIPES USING PANCAKE MIXES
Pancake Appams Pancake batter cooked in an appam pan
Cinnamon Coconut Rolls Cinnamon topped pancakes, rolled
Strawberry Sheet Cake Pancake batter cooked on a sheet pan with fruits
Apple Rings Apple rings dipped in pancake batter and toasted
Pancake Parfait Pancakes Layered with fruits and yoghurt
1.5 cups coconut milk (Thick and thin mixed together)
1/3 cup coconut sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
2tsp corn flour
This is a recipe that has been adapted from the traditional Coconut syrup that is served in Hawaii with pancakes and waffles.
Mix all the ingredients together with a whisk so there are no lumps of the corn flour. Place the mixture in a saucepan and heat it on the stove. Keep whisking slowly till the mixture thickens. Wait for it to cool down. Pour into a serving jar.
If you prefer a white colored sauce, you can use white sugar instead of the coconut sugar. Using coconut sugar will give you a brown colored sauce as pictured. You can serve this syrup on our vanilla pancakes topped with toasted coconut and banana slices and pineapple chunks.
Home made chocolate nut spread
* Cashewnut 100gram
* Groundnut 50 gram
* Choco poweder 25gram or 100gram melted chocolate
* 100 gram white sugar
* Salt 1 pinch
* Vegetable oil or Melted butter – 4 tablespoon
• Fry Cashewnuts and Groundnuts separately
• There are two important grinding steps, the first grinding is the sugar, cocoa powder and pinch of salt, these need to be as fine as possible. This will create the smooth finish of chocolate spread.
• The next grinding is that of the roasted cashew nuts and groundnuts, in this case we want to grind in pulses till the oil oozes out from the cashews & groundnuts and it has turned into a paste.
• Finally Mix all together including melted butter in a mixer. Our Homemade Chocolate nut spread is ready